- Letters and Sounds - various games and activities
- Jolly Jingles CD
- Jolly Phonics CD from Communication 4 all
- Kent ITC Literacy CLL Games includes a number of phonics games including "Froggy Phonemes" and "Sound Buttons"
From the fantastic Communication 4 All:
- Humpty Dumpty Early Years iboards http://www.tes.iboard.co.uk/player/index.htm : Literacy > Reception
- Drag characters from Humpty Dumpty to make the rhyme. Paint the scene. http://www.kenttrustweb.org.uk/kentict/content/games/humptydumpty.html
- Humpty Dumpty animated clip http://www.literactive.com/Download/stories.asp (you must register to log in)
- Humpty Dumpty song http://www.nancymusic.com/Humptyplay.htm - words and music
- Dr. Foster animated clip http://www.literactive.com/Download/stories.asp (you must register to log in)
Incy Wincy Spider
- Incy Wincy animated song for IWB http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/songs/incy-wincy-spider
- Incy Wincy resource pack http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/incy_wincy/eng/Introduction/- may be used on IWB and or individual computers. By using this resource children will improve computer skills as well as covering aspects of KUW, PD and PSD.
- Mary, Mary craft activities http://www.dltk-teach.com/rhymes/marymary/index.htm
There was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe
- Nothing to report - let me know if you find anything!
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Three Bears Early Years iboards http://www.tes.iboard.co.uk/player/index.htm : Numeracy > Reception
- http://ngfl.northumberland.gov.uk/english/goldilocks/default.htm - Read the story on the IWB; resources include character and scene galleries; Smart Notebook files to download.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/fimbles/comfycorner/story8.shtml - IWB. You may need to do a SEARCH on this link: Three Bears > Fimbles
- http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids-stories-goldilocks.htm - Animated story for the IWB.
- http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids-songs-goldilocks.htm - Play the animated song, When Goldilocks Went to the House of the Bears, on the IWB.
- Use of programmable toys: bee-bot on a grid layout from the story.
- http://www.kizclub.com/stories1.htm - Colour and black and white illustrations from the story.
- We bought the board game!
- BBC dance programs
- http://www.prometheanplanet.com/server.php?show=ConResource.3161- A polar bear big book for the white board. Although this is a direct link, you will need to download a viewer. In order to download a viewer, you must register. All free and worth it!
- http://www.arkive.org/ Go to Arkive, search mammals, find BEARS! Photos and amazing movie clips- Look amazing on IWB.
- http://www.nancymusic.com/Bearsplay.htm - Play the game and sing the song!
- http://www.starfall.com/n/folk-tales/little-red-hen/play.htm?f - Online Story of The Little Red Hen at Starfall.com . In this version the Little Red Hen's friends are all birds: a duck, a goose and a turkey. The Little Red Hen bakes muffins instead of bread.
- http://www.first-school.ws/activities/fairytales/redhen.htm - A website with ideas for the story, including the direct link below.
- http://www.eriding.net/primary_strategy/pristrat_lpp.shtml - For use with Smart board software. Movable phrases (positional language) and pictures from the story, SCROLL DOWN to Newbald Primary School and then to Rosie's Walk.
- http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmcbride2/Tiny%20Tecks/index.htm - Window Media Player must be installed to use. Fantastic narrated video of the book with music. Scroll to Web Resources. Go to 11. and click on Rosie's Walk.
- http://www.det.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/5269/Rosies_walk.pdf A Northern Territory Early Years curriculum document based on the story. Literacy focus. Some useful graphics and a list of web links. * Go to page 22 on the pdf to make Rosie!
- http://www.kizclub.com/stories1.htm - Colour and black and white illustrations and positional language phrase cards.
- http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids-stories-red-riding-hood.htm - Animated story for the IWB.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories/redridinghood.shtml - Animated story for the IWB. You may need to do a SEARCH on this link: Little Red Riding Hood > cbeebies
- http://ngfl.northumberland.gov.uk/english/Little%20Red/default.htm - Interactive story, activities and Smart Notebook files.
- http://www.akidsheart.com/holidays/days/sukkot.htm - Decorate the Sukkah, colour and print the Lulav.
The following comes from the Times Ed. Resource Section. You must log in to use - membership is free.
- Ten Sparkling Fireworks PowerPoint http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6004457 - "Number rhyme sung to the tune of 10 fat sausages. Explores number recognition, count and one less than. Watch as the Fireworks spin in to view, then one by one go out with a bang. Inspired by Jodyo's Firework Number hunt "
- Counting Fireworks http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6004460 - "Self correcting count game 1-10, children count the fireworks and select the correct number, if incorrect they're directed back to have another go. If they get it right they're rewarded with a firework display! " This is a Notebook document for Smartboards
- ORT Bonfire Night PowerPoint http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6004368 - "A simple powerpoint to introduce the customs and events linked to Bonfire Night. Originally written for EAL pupils. Acknowledgement to ORT for the key characters. All pictures etc from the internet."
Hoping to update this section as we go!
- Numeracy iboards http://tes.iboard.co.uk/player/index.htm
- PRSN games http://www.kenttrustweb.org.uk/kentict/content/games/maths_menu.html
- Don't forget Espresso!