- Tricky Word Tree http://www.kenttrustweb.org.uk/kentict/content/games/literacy_menu.html
- Starfall http://www.starfall.com/ ABC's: letters, sounds, capital, lower case - very American (like me?) but Rainbow Class love it!
- Espresso > FS > Literacy > Handwritng
- Learning Planet http://www.learningplanet.com/act/abcorder.asp - Letter names in alphabetical order. What comes next?
- Where we live http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/where_we_live/eng/Introduction/default.htm - A resource pack for use on the IWB called "Where we live" which explores a variety of homes through learning games.
- Animal homes http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/animal_homes/eng/Introduction/default.htm - A resource pack for use on the IWB called "Animal Homes" which explores homes and where we live; different animals and where they live; what makes a suitable home.
- Going for a walk http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/going_for_walks/eng/Introduction/default.htm - A resource pack called "Going for walks." For use on IWB this pack explores "my home and the local area."
The Three Little Pigs
- Three Pigs Activity Card http://curry.edschool.virginia.edu/go/wil/Three_Pigs_Activity_Card.pdf Sequence the picture cards
- The Three Little Pigs http://math-www.uni-paderborn.de/~odenbach/pigs/pigs.html - The ladybird edition of the story for you to read from IWB.
- The Three Pigs http://www.kizclub.com/storytime/threepigs/first.html - story for the IWB
- Two sites featuring Bob the Builder -activities, songs, etc. :
- Chinese New Year Powerpoint http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=3009610 - Click and this will take you to the download at tes.co.uk. You must login to enable download! "Simple PP presentation based on new year legend/story - animal race/naming new year etc Useful for IWB tell story - simple text - talking point for chinese new year."
- Gung Hay Fat Choy Song http://www.nancymusic.com/Gunghayplay.htm - Our favourite song for CNY.
- An e-book about CNY purchased from http://www.silkysteps.com/ containing worksheets and activities, should be on the hard drive of your classroom computer.
- Farm Animal Powerpoint http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=3011650- Click and this will take you to the download at tes.co.uk. You must login to download! A powerpoint for the IWB about farm aniamls. Perfect to use before our trip to the farm!
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Pattern - http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/simple_patterns/eng/Introduction/default.htm
recognise and recreate simple patterns
recognise and name colours
recognise and name simple shapes
- 3d Shape and Pattern and Colour - http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/building_game/eng/Introduction/default.htm
- Order by Size: big/small, tall/short - http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/big_small/eng/Introduction/Default.htm
- Capacity - http://www.abc.net.au/countusin/games/game15.htm Which container holds the most?
- Calculations- http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/2008-09/cynnal/maths/eng/number_bonds_eng.html Number bonds on ladybirds! Is there another way?
- Counting with Money - count pennies and match to label - up to 10p. http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks1/maths/counting_with_money/index.htm
- School Toy Sale - money http://www.wmnet.org.uk/wmnet/custom/files_uploaded/uploaded_resources/853/Payusing1coin.swf